In general, campers need to bring bedding, toiletries, linens, and clothing suitable for changing weather and outdoor activities. There are things not to bring, too.
- A daily change of clothes
- One set of “grubbies” (throw-aways)
- Tennis shoes or walking shoes
- A second pair of shoes or sandals
- Raincoat or rain apparel
- Sweater, sweatshirt, or jacket
- Long jeans
- Swimming suit(s): No 2-piece suits or Speedos, please! The key is modesty.
- Sleeping bag (or sheets and blanket)
- Pillow (optional)
- Towels and washcloths
- Brush and/or combs
- Unscented soap
- Lightly scented shampoo
- Unscented deodorant
- Bible (one that can handle some camp use)
- Paper and pen/pencil
- Stationery, envelopes, and stamps
- Bug Repellant
- Extra batteries (for flashlight)
- Camera and film (disposable cameras work well)
Things not to bring:
- Cell phones
- Radios, TVs, CD/DVD players etc.
- Electronic Games
- Snacks – they attract bugs and critters!!
- Alcohol (even if camper/guest is of legal age)
- Illegal drugs